January 28, 2008

Shirdi sai say's learning was no substitute for self realization


Srimad Mahabhagavatham states that it is a leela (divine play) for god to create things. The Bhagavad Gita, on the other hand, states that it is part of nature to create and procreate. Unluckily no scriptures clearly answers the “Why and what” question about creation. Even in genesis we see the instrumentality of creation. Where Elohim transformed into Jehovah (“I am”) and created the universe in six days. In the Vedanta Sutra the word Leela”-Divine sport-“is used to explain creation as the desire less expression of god. Why does god want to express itself?

If tomorrow a human being is manufactured, within a lab, without the donation from male sperm and female egg, most organize religion in the world may fall. Will then man be called the creator?

“We can look at creativity as a mystery, brilliant new ideas are produced and we do not know how they came about. We can study and analyze the behavior of creative people but this will not tell us very much, because often such people are themselves unaware of what triggered the brilliant idea of their own creation.” Edward de Bono, the originator of lateral thinking and widely acknowledged leading international authority in the field of creative thinking who could deliberate systematic approach to creative demand, has said in his book “Serious creativity”.

My dear sai, I am confused... totally confused about the creation and its concepts. Kindly help me to go further. To acquire the knowledge and find confirmation to proceed further is getting difficult for me sai...I need your help...I put my head under my Baba’s feet and prayed for his guidance.

My next door persons son who came from abroad was handing over a new car key to his father...I could hear their conversation amidst my prayer.The father was asking half a dozen questions about the car though he was very happy about having one from his son...for which the son answers ...father, When a vehicle say a car is given to you learn to drive the car rather than all the time analyzing about the characteristics of its engine, capacity, it’s road worthiness and how better the creation is but immediately learn to drive the car to reach the destination. Why you want to spend so many analyzes before you start driving, I have bought you the car to show my gratitude you drive and reach the destination. It is better to know but it is still better you drive and enjoy the purpose...

I suddenly heard an inner voice saying...My dear child “While knowledge of texts and scriptures are useful, learning was no substitute for self realization”.

I realize you my dear sai I realize you .....without unnecessary questions...

Aum sairam

No comments: